The sirens blare,
the sirens wail,
all while we hold our breaths.
Frozen in sight,
by that passive limelight,
as the screams float crisply through air.
The accidents suffered,
through low self-esteem,
create such a fortress,
that our lies can't be seen.
We cry and we moan,
while holding our own,
while the triumph floats through the screen.
We'll laugh and we'll cheer,
while they all dissapear,
and the sirens no more will be seen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I like how you form the image of unsecurity's being melted away. There's very powerful imagery in this poem. I had to read it a few times to catch what it's meaning was and for some reason everytime I read it I founf something I didn't notice before and it made me want to read it again and again.
I really like everything about this poem, especially, the way it creates a great kind of rhythm when you read it, and the way you tied it together with the image of the siren. Very cool poem.
Post a Comment