Thursday, November 1, 2007

"A Love I Have Never Known Before"

I was sitting on the ground,
gazing at the sky,
and I felt your head upon me,
and I gazed at you out of the corner of my eye.

I just sat there,
amazed at how you make me feel,
how you lift me up,
and make me see things I didn't know were real.

I looked and looked until you noticed,
and then I looked away,
and I just felt my heart take flight,
as if it didn't happen every day.

No matter how long we've been together,
I still get butterflies,
and my heart still gets light,
each time you look at me with those sparkling blue eyes.

Your hand in mine is the answer,
to an equation I do not know,
but I want it to stay like this forever,
and I love how you promise me you'll never let go.

You're the right to all my wrongs,
the moon to my sun and sky,
the stars are brighter when I'm with you,
even though I'm not quite sure why.

If only words could express,
how I feel for you each day,
I would open my heart forever,
in every type, shape, reason and way.

No comments: