Tuesday, September 18, 2007

What is Purgatory?

Today a friend and I were talking about religion. When he confronted me about my stance on Purgatory my response was:

We as a people are unknowing, there are so many things that we don't understand. I believe that we go to purgatory and that is a transition stage where we gain knowledge and wisdom. Our eyes are opened to everything we don't know.

what do you think?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's interesting...I've heard differing viewpoints on this. I grew up in a Catholic church that held this as one of its tenets. What if life itself is purgatory?

Why love said...

See, I know people that do kind of believe that life is purgatory, just a transition phase to death (and life again i suppose in a way)... its interesting to think about

Anonymous said...

If purgatory is the existence where you try to find the meaning of...everything, isn't that a perfect description of our present existence here on Earth? And through our actions we get to "Heaven" or that place of eternal pleasure. Before you entirely write off this theory (that your actions get you into heaven)because your spiritual teachers have stated otherwise, think about it... ONLY through our actions CAN we possibly find God...right?