I wish I knew beauty like yours,
shining in the night,
a beacon of light shone in the dark,
against the trials of humanity.
The moon pales in comparison,
to the dilligent sparkle in your eyes,
creating only comfort and warmth,
heat against the dark and bitter night.
Your smile ends my misery,
your laughter ends my pain,
your kiss makes me feel whole,
so I can breathe again.
THe mocking world around us,
may laugh in my face,
but I know you're always there,
because you'd never leave me alone,
not in this intrepid place.
My heart is saved for you,
because you saved me from myself,
when my life was closing in,
now I want to show my love for you.
The stars shine not,
when competing with your eyes,
and without your amazing love,
my heart would wither and die.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
THis is powerful--as all of your love poems are. Lots of emotion.
Post a Comment