Saturday, September 15, 2007

untitled

A single tear rolls down,
down as I watch the boy cry for help,
help which he will not recieve.
If only I could toch him,
feel him,
hold him and keep him safe,
then I would be better,
but I can't help him escape.
The tears grow in numbers,
blurring my eyes and mind,
I reach out to try and grab him,
but there's no way to reach in time.
My cries go unnoticed,
"Someone help him! HELP!"
but my voice is muffled,
closed off from choking sobs....


the lights come up,
the screen shuts off,
and I sit staring at a blank TV screen.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like this poem, especially the way you started with the double words, though I wish you would've used that formula throughout the entire poem.

Good Job!

Anonymous said...

This poem is...WOW!

Anonymous said...

My last comment may look absolutely stupid, but words cannot describe the way I felt about that poem while reading it.