That one little moment,
I just blocked it out,
my dad saying goodbye,
driving away,
I was going to be late anyway.
I went on to my concert,
started throwing up continually,
couldn't figure out why,
didn't really care.
He should've been in the crowd that day,
instead of driving two states away,
he should have sat there,
front center row,
watching me perform,
instead I got to watch him go.
I shut that day out,
didn't think to connect,
that long open road,
leading to my depression and wreck.
Instead a persona was made,
a dark over-shadowing doubt,
pushing me far away from my faith,
showing me the hurt that life was all about.
That was the day my mind shut down,
no longer could I feel the love all around,
that day he drove out of my life,
even though we're together now,
it doesn't feel the same,
it just doesn't feel right.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Summer,
That's powerful art. Your themes really come out from your language.
I can definitely connect to this one a lot. It communicates SO well.
Post a Comment